This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ContactsGroup Removal via LUMT

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Hi,

Is there currently a way to remove "Contact Groups" via LUMT, ether those made by a user or deployed via LUMT itself ?

Also is it possible to use LUMT to return current User Lists ?

Many thanks

James
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Would be a great feature??? Being able to Delete a Contact Group?

Does anyone know if this is currently possible?
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Hello, There is currently no way to remove a Contact Group with LUMT nor to return the current user list. It could be added to LUMT however it does require time and I don't have time currently. Maybe you can do it, the source code is available for download.
Oct 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM
ahh... Well unfortunately not a programmer but I will give it a shot... Would be a great new addition to this excellent Tool Stefan - how much time would it take you?
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I don't now, actually I did not plan to make any changes in this tool.
Oct 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Well how come its the only Lync 2013 User Management Tool out there - Plus its easily usable via a command line? The only thing I think needs updating is the ability to delete a contact group so that we can delete contact groups and re push them weekly without having to worry about employees that have left or no longer part of that group being in that list... Or just having the ability to delete a contact group that is no longer needed.

Would be a great update...?
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I agree it would be great to have this feature. However for the case you are describing, when you disable a user in Lync Server, it will get removed from all users' contact lists because Lync Server will know the user is not part of Lync Server anymore.
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I checked and if a user is removed from AD so thus removed from Lync they still show up in users contacts lists. Also the ability to remove or delete Contact Groups gives greater control to the lync administrator. Maybe in the future when you have time...? Thanks for the great Tool!
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I also checked this and when you remove an user from AD (or if you just disable it from Lync Server), the contact will get removed from all Lync clients in the same company at the next sign-in.
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Interesting just shows contacts as Presence Unknown that are no longer in AD for me.

Lync 2013
Exchange 2010
AD 2008

idk what would cause that though... Cant find any technet articles that describes what happens when you disable or remove an AD account but regardless I do think if maybe a user moves from one department to another or you just want to start fresh would be a excellent feature to remove groups and re-add them.
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM
With Lync 2010 or Lync 2013, a user removed in AD should be removed from all user's contact lists. If not, your Lync setup might have an issue, maybe related to User Replicator. Make sure you are on the latest Cumulative Update and you don't have any error or warning events for UserReplicator in the event logs.
Marked as answer by StefanPlizga on 9/22/2015 at 9:13 AM