This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

ContactsFile and ContactsGroup issue

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:42 PM
when running the command:
LUMT /Mode:Contact /UsersFile:Users.txt /ContactsFile:Contacts.txt it creates the group name as the distribution group email address (i.e. OFFICEMANAGERS@COMPANY.COM) That isn't friendly or clean to see in a list, we would like the group to be called Office Managers

So I tried this:
LUMT /Mode:Contact /UsersFile:Users.txt /ContactsFile:Contacts.txt /ContactsGroup:"Office Manages" which now does give me the group correctly however it doesn't add the members to it.

I now have:
OFFICEMANAGERS@COMPANY.COM (has included members)
AND
Office Managers (does not have any members)
So how can I get it to just create the: Office Managers
and add the users who are part of the officemanagers@company.com dist group
Mar 18, 2016 at 7:32 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2016 at 7:33 PM
Do you put this in your Contacts.txt file? With SMTP as the beginning, instead of sip:?
smtp:OFFICEMANAGERS@COMPANY.COM What if you add officemanagers@company.com manually in your contact list? Do you see the display name?
Mar 18, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Contacts.txt
smtp:officemanagers@company.com the command line I run is this:
LUMT /Mode:Contact /UsersFile:Users.txt /ContactsFile:Contacts.txt /ContactsGroup:"Office Managers"

If I change the Contacts.txt to this:
smtp:officemanagers@company.com /ContactsGroup:"Office Managers"
it has an Error while reading Contacts file
Mar 18, 2016 at 8:19 PM
The Contacts.txt file must contain:
smtp:officemanagers@company.com

And the command line must be:
LUMT /Mode:Contact /UsersFile:Users.txt /ContactsFile:Contacts.txt

What if you add officemanagers@company.com manually in your contact list? Do you see the display name?
Mar 18, 2016 at 9:14 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2016 at 9:25 PM
http://www.horizonretail.com/dl/groups.jpg

http://www.horizonretail.com/dl/files.jpg

the top group is what's created using the LUMT tool
the bottom group is created using the /ContactsGroup:"Vice Presidents-Lync"

adding the group manually my contact list doesn't show it yet

but the issue isn't the group it's wanting to create the group name and add the members under it
Mar 18, 2016 at 9:39 PM
The group should display the name. If not, I would like to understand, that's why I am asking you if it displays well when you add it manually, i.e. you remove the current group from the contact list, and from the Lync client search bar you type the email address to see if it gets resolved to the display name and you add it from there to compare the result.
The way you add the DL is correct, I am wondering if this is not a Lync behavior, for instance is this group hidden from the Exchange address book?
Mar 19, 2016 at 5:55 AM
So made some headway however still seeing some randomness with it
http://www.horizonretail.com/dl/progress.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a Exchange/AD/Skype issue or what

The bottom group has a space between the words but doesn't show it, Exchange/AD shows it Skype/Outlook does not yet
the other groups have display names but they aren't resolving...

What are your thoughts?
Mar 20, 2016 at 1:28 PM
From what I see, there are some groups that get displayed with their email address and others that are displayed with their display name. If you added them the same way, i.e. all with LUMT or all manually in Lync, then that means the issue does not come from LUMT.
Please explain how you did add each of the group in the contact list, what method did you use?
Mar 21, 2016 at 10:39 PM
this is what I'm looking into now why some work and others don't pretty sure it's on my side, but will update this once I know for sure
Mar 22, 2016 at 9:26 PM
figured it out
2 issues
1 - Couple of the groups were 'hidden' from Address Book
2 - In AD, I verified/updated the following fields to make sure they were what I wanted them to be:
 CN, displayName, displayNamePrintable, name, and sAMAccountName
Once I did this were golden with all of the groups

Thanks for the help and this is an amazing tool!
Mar 22, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Thank you for the update, that whas actually one of my guesses above.